Welcome to Cabernet!
What is Cabernet?
Cabernet is a personal wine management application. The goals of Cabernet are:
- Easy to use and clean UI which makes actions simple and quick.
- Geared towards people who have tens to hundreds of bottles of wine and are looking for a way to track what they currently have and drinking history.
- Integrates with popular wine sites like Wine Spectator to look up reviews and news.
- Cabernet is open. You never have to worry about lock-in of your data, since the data is stored in a database you control.
What isn't Cabernet?
- Cabernet isn't a commercial project. I'm not asking for any money and unlike other solutions you won't find any ads or attempts to sell you something.
- Cabernet isn't some huge multi-user hosted solution like CellarTracker which is likely to slow down during peak hours.
- Cabernet isn't ready for prime time. I use it daily and it's never lost a bottle or corrupted my data, but there are bugs which prevent me from distributing it freely.
Currently, Cabernet is under development and is being used by myself to manage my wine collection. If you are interested in helping or being a beta tester, contact me.
Be sure to read the Cabernet Development Blog